Hi guys

Come and relax here. Unrelated discussion to Epoch Games, LoA:SO or UE4 goes here.

Hi guys

Postby SpearComparer » 24 Feb 2014, 12:49

Well.. Hi. I'm an amateur artist/writer but I see that you don't need any more writers so I'll just keep to concept art for now. I might hang around the public contributions for a while before applying for anything more serious, because, you know, life happens.

I remember seeing MERP on modDB around the time you guys got the lawsuit. Had no idea that you went onto this. I found this place while on the modDB forums looking for a project. Hopefully I'll prove a useful contributor.

Why did I join? To get some experience under my belt, as well as practise.
[MUATRA JOKE REDACTED]
SpearComparer
Wanderer

Local time: 13 Dec 2017, 12:43

Re: Hi guys

Postby Insanity » 24 Feb 2014, 12:54

Hi, SpearComparer!
It would be really helpful if you could post some of your past work ;) I'll talk to a team leader to see if we can get you something for a test assignment.
Fear me, little one. For beyond your little circle of light lies only ravenous madness, and I am its master.
Insanity
2D Artist

Local time: 13 Dec 2017, 11:43

Postby Conlan » 26 Feb 2014, 23:55

Spearcomparer? oh man so many cheeky jokes and puns I could make with that name. Welcome :P
Novice Concept Artist

"It is better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both" -Niccolo Machiavelli
Conlan
Mercenary

Local time: 13 Dec 2017, 04:43

Postby Insanity » 27 Feb 2014, 00:13

Conlan wrote:Spearcomparer? oh man so many cheeky jokes and puns I could make with that name. Welcome :P

.... No comment... :P
Fear me, little one. For beyond your little circle of light lies only ravenous madness, and I am its master.
Insanity
2D Artist

Postby SpearComparer » 28 Feb 2014, 10:58

Alright, finally managed to get this watercolour uploaded. The first sketch I scanned three times and its arm was cut off in all of them...

Spoiler for :
anapa priest.jpg

scan0020.jpg
[MUATRA JOKE REDACTED]
SpearComparer
Wanderer

Postby Insanity » 28 Feb 2014, 11:23

Do you do digital art at all? It works much better for concept art.
Insanity
2D Artist

Postby SpearComparer » 28 Feb 2014, 11:28

No sorry, never really got into that kind of thing. I know what you mean, I could look up some tutorials.
[MUATRA JOKE REDACTED]
SpearComparer
Wanderer

Postby Conlan » 28 Feb 2014, 15:05

I recognize that second one! it's a portrait from Baldur's gate isn't it ???

Anyway, from the little we saw,I think you have some ways to go yet on the anatomy. I'll also say that concept art these days is 99 % digital. Traditional is fine (if not better) for practicing though, so keep at it.
Novice Concept Artist

"It is better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both" -Niccolo Machiavelli
Conlan
Mercenary

Postby SpearComparer » 01 Mar 2014, 12:24

I recognize that second one! it's a portrait from Baldur's gate isn't it ???

It's Auric from FFH, you silly. Thanks for the reply man I'll keep on practising.
[MUATRA JOKE REDACTED]
SpearComparer
Wanderer

Postby Conlan » 01 Mar 2014, 13:21

Well maybe, but now I know for certain, it's also the same portrait from icewind dale II, a BG spinoff. Sometimes the same art gets used over multiple games.

Well at least it's good I recognize from your paint what reference you used ;)
Novice Concept Artist

Conlan
Mercenary

Postby RyanHawkins » 19 Aug 2016, 11:41

SpearComparer wrote:Well.. Hi. I'm an amateur artist/writer but I see that you don't need any more writers so I'll just keep to concept art for now. I might hang around the public contributions for a while before applying for anything more serious, because, you know, life happens.

I remember seeing MERP on modDB around the time you guys got the lawsuit. Had no idea that you went onto this. I found this place while on the modDB forums looking for a project. Hopefully I'll prove a useful contributor.

Why did I join? To get some experience under my belt, as well as practise.

Hi, SpearComparer! I am Ryan, I am a new member of this community, nice to see you here!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you’ll be a mile from them, and you’ll have their shoes.
RyanHawkins
Wanderer

Postby names_are_useless » 19 Aug 2016, 15:13

RyanHawkins wrote:Hi, SpearComparer! I am Ryan, I am a new member of this community, nice to see you here!

Hi RyanHawkins. You may want to check the dates of the posts around here ... this thread is from 2014. Unfortunately these forums are quite dead (development isn't, but the fan community we had died a long time ago).

You can probably blame us on the lack of updates we had for awhile. Hopefully a new fan community can resurface in the future.
names_are_useless
Writer

Local time: 12 Dec 2017, 22:43
Roles: Althas Wiki Creator
Co-story Writer

Postby jomanlaces » 22 Apr 2017, 10:57

Hello all of you guys! :)
jomanlaces
Wanderer