Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Come and relax here. Unrelated discussion to Epoch Games, LoA:SO or UE4 goes here.

Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Owen » 03 Jan 2014, 17:59

Hello everyone, a modder over at Skyrim Nexus recently got in touch with me a few days ago. He has created various Middle-Earth mods that look very good. Take a look:

Image

Image

So far, he has created Azog, Helm's Deep, Orthanc, and various other locations. However, he doesn't know how to import these to Skyrim. So the solution is that he could send them to someone who does know how to import and then everyone could use these. Please, if you would like to help either comment on this thread or message me.

Thanks!
User avatar
Owen
2D Artist
 
Posts: 341
Local time: 20 Sep 2018, 20:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby NoIdea » 03 Jan 2014, 19:38

Yeah, definately nice, but thinking back of MERP, I wouldn't consider it a good idea, to assist doing the same failure once again. Btw, the info how to import models into Skyrim should be publicly available and covered in various tutorials by now. Nexus should have a couple of these.
User avatar
NoIdea
Mercenary
 
Posts: 122
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Owen » 03 Jan 2014, 20:00

NoIdea wrote:Yeah, definately nice, but thinking back of MERP, I wouldn't consider it a good idea, to assist doing the same failure once again. Btw, the info how to import models into Skyrim should be publicly available and covered in various tutorials by now. Nexus should have a couple of these.


Well I don't think he plans on making a whole lot more, he just wants to get them imported so he doesn't have to waste them. He's also Spanish, so his English is a little below-average and I believe that may be why he just wants someone else to do it.
User avatar
Owen
2D Artist
 
Posts: 341
Local time: 20 Sep 2018, 20:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby BlownKapz » 05 Jan 2014, 00:31

Getting ANYTHING into skyrim is a pain in the ass. Tell him to mid something else.
Of a truth the gods do not give the same man everything: you know how to gain a victory, Hannibal, but you do not know how to make use of it.

''The hammer of justice is unisex'' - Batman
User avatar
BlownKapz
Knight
 
Posts: 336
Location: Germany
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 03:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Omega » 05 Jan 2014, 15:05

I saw that post on the skyrim nexus forums and he was saying that his friend had made them and didn't know how to import them into skyrim.
Not to be a spoilsport here, but i don't think that guy is being entirely truthful. (even given that he contacted you and said that he made them himself?)
Unless his "friend" happens to be a girl called katie: http://klhyatt.wordpress.com/
And a french guy called niko: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm ... hp?uid=900
aka Alasdair
User avatar
Omega
Peasant
 
Posts: 49
Location: UK
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45
Roles: I do stuff...

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Owen » 05 Jan 2014, 16:03

Omega wrote:I saw that post on the skyrim nexus forums and he was saying that his friend had made them and didn't know how to import them into skyrim.
Not to be a spoilsport here, but i don't think that guy is being entirely truthful. (even given that he contacted you and said that he made them himself?)
Unless his "friend" happens to be a girl called katie: http://klhyatt.wordpress.com/
And a french guy called niko: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm ... hp?uid=900


That's interesting, I'll talk to him.
User avatar
Owen
2D Artist
 
Posts: 341
Local time: 20 Sep 2018, 20:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Owen » 10 Jan 2014, 05:18

I regret to inform everyone that Omega was right, my "friend" wasn't being entirely truthful with me or anyone else.

When confronted with what Omega revealed, balrog124 (my "friend") got very upset/defensive, insisted the models were his, and immediately backed out. On his way out he stated he is a professional 3D designer and that he worked on MERP Oblivion. Can anyone on the former MERP team put these claims to rest?
User avatar
Owen
2D Artist
 
Posts: 341
Local time: 20 Sep 2018, 20:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby MEB » 10 Jan 2014, 11:32

Hah, brilliant. That name doesn't ring any bells, but I'll have a look for him in the archive.
Try asking him what he did for MERP, I want to know how far he'll go to cover his arse :P
If it looks as good as it lags, we'll use it!
"Skill is more a by-product of practicing creativity, rather than a prerequisite to it."
User avatar
MEB
Technical Director
 
Posts: 609
Location: The Wetter Half of England
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45
Roles: Junior Senior-Animator
3D Assets
2D Assets
Website Maintenance

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Insanity » 10 Jan 2014, 11:43

Baiting spam again, are we? xD
Fear me, little one. For beyond your little circle of light lies only ravenous madness, and I am its master.
User avatar
Insanity
2D Artist
 
Posts: 646
Location: The Shivering Isles
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 09:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Omega » 10 Jan 2014, 12:24

Insanity wrote:Baiting spam again, are we? xD

;)
aka Alasdair
User avatar
Omega
Peasant
 
Posts: 49
Location: UK
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45
Roles: I do stuff...

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Owen » 10 Jan 2014, 14:20

MEB wrote:Hah, brilliant. That name doesn't ring any bells, but I'll have a look for him in the archive.
Try asking him what he did for MERP, I want to know how far he'll go to cover his arse :P


He would probably say something along the lines of "I have nothing to prove".
User avatar
Owen
2D Artist
 
Posts: 341
Local time: 20 Sep 2018, 20:45

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby Omega » 10 Jan 2014, 15:44

OwenYulefield wrote:
MEB wrote:Hah, brilliant. That name doesn't ring any bells, but I'll have a look for him in the archive.
Try asking him what he did for MERP, I want to know how far he'll go to cover his arse :P


He would probably say something along the lines of "I have nothing to prove".

Well, that's no fun :P
aka Alasdair
User avatar
Omega
Peasant
 
Posts: 49
Location: UK
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45
Roles: I do stuff...

Re: Want to see some awesome LOTR mods in Skyrim?

Postby gipoter » 24 Oct 2017, 16:11

Excellent Work. This post is very helpful.
gipoter
Wanderer
 
Posts: 3
Local time: 21 Sep 2018, 02:45


Return to The Tavern: Off-topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron