Mudbox UV Import Problem

Come and relax here. Unrelated discussion to Epoch Games, LoA:SO or UE4 goes here.

Mudbox UV Import Problem

Postby Futarilus » 26 Jul 2014, 17:45

Hey guys!

Maybe you can help me out...
I'm currently modelling a waterskin and having a problem with importing the UV's.

1) I made the basemesh in 3ds max
2) imported it into mudbox
3) sculpted it with several layers
4) imported it back into 3ds max and made the UV's
Since the creation (1) I divided the mesh into 4 parts. Body, Rim, pipe and cork.
In Mudbox it is, of course, divided into the same 4 parts.
5) Not quite sure how to save the UV's so I can import the UV's into Mudbox.
Saved the waterskin model as an .obj and used "Import UV's..." function in mudbox, but it didn't properly work.
It only updated the uvmap from the waterskin_body part, but the other 3 (rim, pipe and cork) remain the same (old unchanged uvs from mudbox).
Is it, because the model is divided into 4 parts? I hope anybody can help me, because finishing this mesh is really important to me.

Greetings,
Thomas
Futarilus
Wanderer

Local time: 22 May 2018, 22:08

Re: Mudbox UV Import Problem

Postby MEB » 26 Jul 2014, 18:12

Try exporting/importing each part separately, chances are it's only working on the 0-index model of the file.
If it looks as good as it lags, we'll use it!
"Skill is more a by-product of practicing creativity, rather than a prerequisite to it."
MEB
Technical Director

Roles: Junior Senior-Animator
3D Assets
2D Assets
Website Maintenance

Re: Mudbox UV Import Problem

Postby Futarilus » 26 Jul 2014, 18:23

I tried to export (inside mudbox) each part as a .mud file, but it doesnt keep the subdivision level . After trying to use "recreate subdivision levels" he finds all levels except for the base level, which I used for the UV maps.

Update: I've imported every part individually as an obj and was able to import it into mudbox, successfully. Now the 4 uv maps are located at their corresponding part. Big thank you!
Futarilus
Wanderer

Return to The Tavern: Off-topic